03 September 2009

Welcome to my blog

I have long been a devotee of cinema and, after years of admiration, finally decided that it was time to start writing about it. Without any formal cinematic training, my thoughts and observations come only from watching and talking about film.
Hopefully, if this blog is successful, I will do my first full-scale Oscar analysis this season, but I would love for this to be a forum to share some of my favorites, recommend small gems, and exchange ideas.
To start things off, I will be profiling ten films that are close to my heart. The term 'favorite' seems flawed, since it suggests a sense of finality. I have found that ascribing this to a film precludes other films from claiming the title and demands that my tastes remain constant. That being said, each of these films hold deep meaning for me and help explain my love for cinema in general.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment